There are many SEO Tips our there around the internet about how you can optimize your website and get in to the top of the SERPs. Of course, these advices should be taken with a grain of sand as they are not all accurate. You can certainly take care of SEO for your own website if you spend enough time to learn and regularly update your knowledge and of course spend a huge amount of continuous effort to achieve it. But not everyone have to do all that and there many other aspects of the business that you have to take care of. So, why not let the SEO experts take care of your SEO? We provide the Monthly SEO service which can guarantee your website position on top of the SERPs and you will no longer have to worry about SEO for your website again. Check out the powerful Monthly SEO package:
SEO Tips On How To Achieve High Ranking
If you are searching around for good SEO tips to help your website achieve better ranking in the search engine result pages (SERPs) then I hope this article might provide you with some good information, useful tips and techniques that you can utilize even if you are not a SEO guru. Contrary to many people's common belief, search engine optimization is not too difficult and while you might not be a SEO expert but with just some basic knowledge and understanding you can help your website achieve better ranking without involving in any kind of link building or laborious SEO work. Oh, sound great? Yes, but i must say that the knowledge offer in this articles might only help you with achieve better ranking comparing to other competitors who are not doing SEO and while you might sometimes able to get to the top of not too competitive keywords, you might find it difficult to compete against competitors who are doing SEO. Anyway, within the boundary of this articles, hopefully I would be able to provide you with the most practical and essential SEO tips to help make your website more SEO-friendly.
Practical search engine optimization tips
If you have a website then the first thing that you need to do is to know the current condition and status of your own website, so that you can have a better overview of your site, knowing what is the strength and weakness so that you can make change accordingly. Before we can continue on this you probably should learn some basic knowledge so that you would know what I am talking about and how you can apply these SEO tips. There are a few main parameters of a website that you need to know: Google PageRank, Google index, Alexa rank, domain age.
Google PageRank: is a parameter that created by Google itself to assert the authority of a website based on various different factors. In short, the higher your website's PageRank, the higher your website is regarded by Google. PageRank is subject to change by Google and usually it will be updated at least two or three times a year, however, recently this update period has been shorter, about once every 2 months. The best way to increase your PageRank index is to get backlinks from other high PR backlinks or increase your website traffic.
Google index: is the number of pages of your website that Google has been indexing. The more pages of your sites indexed by Google the better because it can quickly get your webpages from the database and display it on the SERPs result if there is a relevant search to your webpage content. Also, more index means Google will regard you higher than other websites which have lower index. Keep your website up to date with new content so that the site would be indexed more frequently by Google.
Alexa ranking: Alexa is a company which focuses on providing information about how much traffic a site received by using the Alexa toolbar. You can check to see the ranking of your website on Alexa. Basically, a smaller ranking mean your website has higher traffic and if it is within top 100,000 websites you can view the estimated traffic of your site. You do not have to install the toolbar to view the statistic. Attract new customers and traffic to your website with unique and useful content.
Domain age is the date since your website was registered from ICANN. Summarily, the older your website age is, the better it is. It is understandable because obviously Google would believe a 10 year old website with has been around longer than a brand new website which has just been registered. There is nothing you can do about the domain age.
Besides, there are also a few optional parameters which you can utilize to see how your website is faring. There are Facebook likes which would let you know how many Facebook likes you have on your Facebook fan page if you connect it to your current website. The same with Twitter’s tweets and Google +1. Also, there are inbound links and outbound links to let you know the backlinks condition of your site. Ok, now you know about the basic stats that a website has, next are a few SEO tips so that you can apply to your website. When you already got your own parameters and stats you might want to compare them with your competitors. Doing so, you will know which of your competitors are more stronger and which are lesser and you can have a better plan to overtake them (focus on the weak first, leave the strong ones later).
The next phase of your optimization process is SEO audit, in which you must modify the content of your website to make it more SEO-friendly. There are several on page SEO factors that you must comply with in order to achieve better ranking. Please adhere to all these general SEO tips below to achieve maximum effectiveness with on page SEO.
Important On Page SEO tips :
- Meta title tag: must contain the keyword(s) which you want to rank. Meta title tag is very important because it will be displayed on the SERPs as your website's headline, so you should spend more effort to make the title tag more appealing to viewers.
- Meta description tag: must contain the keyword(s) which you want to rank. Meta description tag is important because it will be displayed on the SERPs as your website's general description, so you should spend more effort to make the description tag more appealing to viewers.
- Keyword meta tag: must contain the keywords which you want to rank, do not place only 1 keyword or leave it blank, try using one main keyword and several long tail keywords.
- The total text content of your website should be more than 500 words.
- The keyword(s) which you want to rank must be repeated at least a few times within your webpage's content. The ideal keyword density is about 1 - 1.5 percent of the total text.
- H1 of your webpage must contain the keyword that you want to rank.
- The webpage that you want to rank must not contain too many out-bound links or the link juice to that webpage will be dispersed. A webpage should not have more than 20 out-bound links.
- Check to see if your website can be accessed via both "www" and "non www" or not. It is advisable to redirect your website from "www" to "non www" or vice versa by utilizing redirect 301. After making the redirect it is important that you should stick with one of them from now on for your link building.
Optional On Page SEO tips :
- Meta title tag should be within 30 - 60 characters as most search engines can only display max 60 characters in the title of a website.
- Meta description tag should be within 90 - 160 characters as most search engines can only display max 160 characters in the description of a website.
- Meta keyword tag must not contain more than 15 keywords because most too many keywords will be considered as keyword stuffing by search engines.
- H2, H3 should contain the keywords you want to rank at least one.
- Use keyword as your image name in your webpage. Image alt attribute is also important for search engines to read and should contain the keyword, too.
- Avoid using flash and ajax on your website as search engines cannot read them.
- Avoid using HTML frame on your website as search engines cannot index the content within frame.
- If you want to rank your website on a local search engines then then try to host your website on that country and also your website must be in that language.
Above are the most essential and useful SEO tips that we can provide you in the limit of this article. By utilize these guidelines, you can make your site achieve higher ranking without much time and effort. However, if you ever want to engage in serious SEO activities then DominateSEO.net is the best solution for you. With a team of professional SEO experts and a lot of experience in the field, we know what is the best for you and what we can do to make you satisfied. Check out our best services now.